Even though it is 2017, women across the globe (3.7 billion of us) still lack confidence in our ability to succeed in life.
- 90% of women today do not reach their fullest potential as leaders and entrepreneurs (The Guardian.com)
- Less than 2% of women earn over the Million Dollar mark annually.
- Two-thirds of the world’s illiterate adults are women (UN 2015)
- 1 in 3 women face violence or death by an intimate partner or family member.
- ¾ of single family homes are women with children who typically earn less revenue than men.
How do we fix this?
It’s simple. We start a movement and share our stories to provide HOPE. We all have a story to tell as it relates to a struggle during some season of our lives. Through all our voices and sharing of our trials and triumphs, we empower by connecting women to hear the story that will change their lives.
In 2016, I founded The International School of Story, a faith-based, not-for profit 501 c (3), that takes seriously the call, to go into the communities of the world and share HOPE. It is a local, regional and global organization that:
- empowers women and girls to find solutions to limiting situations and beliefs
- brings economic stability to women through healing, inspiration and education
- eliminates hopelessness in women and girls, enabling them to safely transition during difficult times
How do we reach these women?
(1) Dissemination of information through technology programs via blog posts, webinars, podcasts, tele-classes, mentoring, coaching, Publishing House; educational activities, (including lectures, seminars, panels, workshops, retreats, training and public discussion groups) to develop and improve awareness both for the women served and among the general public with aspects and skills needed to live an empowered and HOPE-filled life.
(2) Creation of products for sustainable revenue and to share information to further spread HOPE through books and relevant products to be developed.
(3) Operation of The Place of Story, an entrepreneurial center where the products will be made, training and workshops will be facilitated and stories will be collected via video in a recording studio.
Our goal is to invite 100,000 women to participate. Can you help us and do this by giving Ten Dollars to our Ten Dollar HOPE Doll Campaign. That’s less than a movie ticket or two visits to Starbucks. Your $10 investment represents One HOPE Doll, sharing One Story of HOPE, empowering One woman.
1 $10 HOPE Doll = 1 story shared = 1 woman empowered
Will you join us and be counted as ONE who stepped forward to support a woman in need? Help us reach those beyond our network by sharing this email with friends who care about women attaining their dreams.
Thank you for partnering and praying with us, sharing HOPE and empowering one woman at a time.
Rejoicing in all things, with prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving letting our requests being made known to God,